Sunday, November 9, 2008

ROLL TIDE ROLLLLLL 10-0!!!!


Its been a fine weekend. Friday all my classes went by pretty quickly. I was really nervous to have our playing quiz in woodwinds Friday morning b/c I JUST started making sounds on the flute the previous Wednesday. Honestly, I made valiant attempts at it everyday since the day I acquired the flute, all with zero success. Somehow Boo (who is apparently a woodwinds genius!?) was able to teach me how to get the correct Mouth Position... it was so exciting to hear that first beautiful tone! But, luckily, she postponed our quiz until tomorrow b/c no one was really making the best sounds after not having real class on Monday & Wednesday since she was out of town. I was so relieved.

Anyway then I had a voice lesson & voice performance class... which was funny b/c for some reason I was the only one singing. So everyone had to show up just for me... I felt kind of bad about that. But at least it was short and sweet! Friday night I took my buds to ArtBuzz for their first painting experience! We made the Bubble Tree, and I think everyone had a good time :)

Saturday we all watched the Alabama game together and wow was it stressful. Erin & I ate our feelings with pizza, Hly just yelled a lot, & Kevin and Vlad I thought were more silent than usual. But THANK GOD we fought on to victory in overtime. PHEW. We were very happy. Then V left & the rest of us went to Habanero's for a celebratory margarita. Our waiter's name was Hector.

Today I went to lunch at my grans' house, & my mom's cousin Cindy & her husband & daughter were there too. I had a lot of fun with their daughter, Isla, who for some reason really took to me! I enjoyed her very much! Then I came home & later had my first Magic Flute rehearsal, which went well.

I watched Baby Mama tonight b/c Charter gave me a free on-demand movie for being a new member. I liked it! And thats pretty much it. Time to start a new week... sigh.

No comments: