So here's an update:
The semester is going well. Its been relatively light compared with other semesters, which is good, but I still feel burnt out just b/c I am so ready to be finished with school. I want to be back completely in the "real world." Then maybe it'd be easier to pay for all the clothes I somehow always end up buying...
In early March I performed Iris in Semele by Handel with UAB Opera. I really enjoyed my role, even though the rehearsal process was long and often boring for me (I had to wait around a lot), and I had a lot of fun with my friends. I loved that my role allowed me to branch out more as an actress. And all of my closest friends came to see the show, which means a lot to me especially seeing as none of them are into opera.
I also finished ECY 600 around the same time- it was a 2-month weekend class, which was kind of painful, but I'm glad I did it that way cuz it ended so much sooner. I'm also taking a music ed class for which I'll be teaching two 3rd grade classes at Greystone on the 26th of this month... hope they like the lesson I have planned :-/
In frivolous news, ANTM started back in March!! I am rooting for Raina or Jessica to win. Also I've been faithfully watching for information about SATC2 coming out May 28!! So excited. Speaking of which, Erin, my old roommate, is moving back to B'ham sometime in May! YAYAYAYAYAY!!! Lets see, what else?... oh, I'm going to the beach the 2nd week of May (right after my b'day!) with friends from school. I AM SO EXCITED TO GET AWAY. I haven't been to the beach in a year so I can't wait!
Also I've been writing a lot of songs lately. Idk how it happened, but I've gotten much more prolific over the past few months. It shocks me to think I've written 12 songs. So I decided to start recording everything. I shared the songs with my dad and he loves my stuff (he has to, right?), so he really wants to get them copyrighted so I can record them in a real studio. I think this would be so cool, but I don't flatter myself that my music would ever become well-known, so I don't want him to waste money. Even so, he says price is not an object, so who knows?-- might happen in the future.
So my mom decided to go to the beach this weekend, which means that I had to come home yesterday to help my dad with Chloe, etc. I had to haul ass (along with Luna, who hates traveling) to run to Publix for a prescription, then get to the vet to pick Chloe up from Doggy Daycare, and make it to work on time. So wouldn't it be the perfect time to meet the cutest guy I've seen in months?? Yeah, he was at the Publix, and if I hadn't been in such a hurry I would have dillydallied long enough to strike up a conversation that didn't consist of "hi" and many smiles (and smizes, if you will). Sigh. Anyway I'll be here at 35242 until Sunday night.
Today Hly talked me into going to Taziki's for the first time ever. I've never been there cuz I'm not a huge fan of Greek food (does feta cheese REALLY need to go on top of EVERYTHING??), and I always thought it was pretty much the same as Zoe's Kitchen, which I don't care for... but it was really good! FRIDAY SPECIAL, ANYONE? Also I took Chloe with me just for fun and she was such a good girl!! Anyway, I had a fun rest of the day with my dad, and Chris came over later to hang out so it was a good day.
And I guess that's all! Good night!

(look at that silly girl!)

(my beautiful baby)

2 comments:
Glad to read that you're doing well! I know I would listen to your music, too!! ~Mandy
haha i just now saw this comment... i stink at keeping up with the blogging thing. thanks girl!!
Post a Comment