Thursday, February 11, 2010

long time no see

So its been quite a while since I made a new blog. Here are some things that have been going on since October:

  • Finally went out with Mr. VW, but he turned out to be a self-absorbed ass so we only went out twice.

  • Had Thanksgiving dinner at my aunt's house.

  • Finished my 3rd semester of grad school with great grades!

  • Started recording a lot of my songs and writing several new ones. As of now, I have 9 total! Hard to believe...

  • Had Christmas dinner at my parents with grans.

  • Enjoyed having lots of time off from school and work!!

  • Started off the new spring semester with a request from Dr. Kris to take the role of Iris in the opera Semele by Handel. I said I would and I'm so glad to be involved in another show!
  • Bought my very first pair of Manolo Blahniks. Black leather Mary Janes. LOVES.

  • Discovered $5 Bang Bang Shrimp at Bonefish Grill. Its the perfect combination of texture and flavor...

  • Went Sipping n Stroking with my cousins.

  • Went to the Cat Show at the BJCC- LOVED IT.

  • With the help of my best bud, rearranged my bedroom and now it is much sweeter.

  • Found out Luna had TAPEWORMS- grosssss, but got her some meds asap and now they're gone. We're pretty sure she caught them from Chloe when we first got her.

  • Still obsessed with watching SATC on repeat.

  • Fit in and bought a SIZE 2 jeans at GAP 2 days ago- best day ever.


  • And really thats about it... nothing too eventful.

    Yesterday I had a great Semele rehearsal- I really like my role. Its not a huge part (2 arias), but its a really fun and kind of unique character unlike any I've ever played. I really enjoy doing something different for a change.

    Today my piano student cried b/c I told her to review the e minor scale... I had no idea what the tears were for & she wouldn't say so I had to slowly but surely figure it out. I think she felt like if she had to review it that she had done it badly or something. I had to explain that in piano and music in general you have to practice something a lot of times to keep getting better and better... sigh. Luckily afterward, I got to go eat $5 BANG BANG with my bud C. I wanted a pretzel, but decided I was too fat. I not deserve pretzel :(

    Tomorrow I get to sleep late! All I have to do it go to work for a few hours. Then I promised my mom I'd come eat dinner with the fam and watch Vampire Diaries. Ever since Twilight people have been obsessed with the vampire books, shows, etc... so when I saw the preview for this show I thought it looked ridiculous. But my mom made me watch it when I was over there one night and it wasn't so bad. It reminded me of Dark Shadows from the 60s, which my mom & I used to watch on dvd faithfully. I hear they are making a new Dark Shadows movie with Johnny Depp playing Barnabas. Speaking of movies, SATC2 May 28!!!!

    Ok the end.

    No comments: